I'm no expert, but over this past year I've had my fair share of dealing with brides. I've had atleast 300 different brides contact me for orders of some sort through etsy. You may be thinking "well that doesn't count!" Oh, it does. I've built fun relationships with many of them, and they've asked for my advice, my opinion, and my encouragement for their big day!
Its funny how girls bond so easily! And how brides get so excited that they just want to tell everyone about how great their big day will be.
Types of Brides:
1. Daddy's girl- the one that has no concept of money and doesn't mind spending a few hundred dollars on her bridesmaids gifts (and may as well add on a few personal items while she is shopping because its not her money!)
2. SUPER EXCITED BRIDE!- the one that likes to type in CAPS because they are just so excited and use way too many exclamation points (some of my favorites!)
3. To the point- Everything is systematic, one more thing to check off the list
4. Budget conscious- let me think on it, and get back to you
5. Budget obnoxious- these are the "I'm going to bargain with you, not because you're out of my price range, but because I like getting a good deal." These are the ones that can easily offend. (rule of thumb, don't bargain on etsy. It makes the shop owner really dislike you. They put alot of work into their items, and why would they give you a better deal than anyone else?)
6. Too sweet- absolutely precious. Way too nice, and constantly thanking you for every little thing :) And they usually send a thank you follow up (often with picture!)
7. Last minute bride- these are the funniest to me. Its the short conversations that say "hey, my wedding is in two days, can you overnight this?!"
8. Plan aheaders- These ones are my favorites. The wedding is a year from NEXT august, plenty of time! Most laid back of them all!
9. Wishy Washy-they need your opinion on everything! Why they trust a strangers opinion on what their bridesmaids would like more, well that's just beyond me! They are fun to talk with- and usually we feel like we know each other pretty well by the time they order!
Now there may be a few that I'm forgetting, but this about covers it from my experience! So what all have a learned?
Lessons for dealing with brides:
1. Give your opinion when they ask for it, but just agree with them on whatever they decide
2. Ignore the rude stuff, they probably don't even know what they are saying
3. Brides are crazy- just go with it!
4. Brides almost always have other Bride friends- great way to spread the word!
5. Treat each one like they are the only one getting married this millennium (because that is how they feel)